The psychological counseling is here for students who seek support and help in a difficult life situation. It is a safe place in which you can, together with the psychologist, focus on yourself and map what is going on inside and around you. It will allow you to better understand yourself, your relations and situations you find yourself in. The most important thing is discretion and the atmosphere of trust and understanding between the psychologist and the client. The psychologist’s confidentiality and adherence to ethical standards are a matter of course. The psychological counseling is provided to students free of charge in the form of a personal, email or online consultation.
Who are we here for?
When to contact us?
- You are in a difficult life situation
- You lack sense and feeling of fulfilment in your current studies
- You fail to meet the study requirements
- You suffer from strong emotions, anger, fear, worry or panic attacks
- You feel lonely, you have a feeling that you do not fit in
- You have low self-esteem, you doubt yourself, you do not like yourself
- You have trouble to communicate with people around you
- You have trouble to make a decision and to clarify priorities
- You want advice about mental hygiene
- You have been feeling mentally unwell for a long time
- You have any other trouble which is not mentioned above
What to expect?
The first consultation is non-binding and it is mainly about the mapping of your situation and needs. It is in a form of a confidential conversation between the psychologist and the client. The session takes 50 minutes. If you decide to continue, we will agree on the following sessions. The total number of sessions and their frequency vary according to the needs of the client. By using the psychological counselling service, the client acknowledges the Information on the processing and protection of personal data in the Counseling and Career Centre UO.
Where do the consultations take place?
The personal consultations take place at the Counseling and Career Centre. The online consultations are in the form of a video call via a secured platform. It is necessary to have a functional camera and a stable internet connection. If possible, we recommend to find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed by anyone.
We provide email counseling at . Please, always use your student’s email for the communication. Emails are replied to usually within 7 working days. If there is any change, we will inform you via automatic email. The maximum of three emails are sent within one problematic situation.
What do we offer?
We offer individual consultations within the psychological counseling in the following areas:
- Adaptation to the university (independence and responsibility, change of environment, etc.)
- Study problems (excessive stage fright, stress, pre-exam nerves, long-term postponement of duties, inefficient preparation, etc.)
- Personal problems (uncertainty, indecision, anxiety and depression, attention deficit disorder, etc.)
- Mental hygiene
How to book a consultation?
If you cannot come to a scheduled meeting, please inform us as soon as possible.
You can briefly consult questions about your mental state or a life situation with us even via email. We can also help you to find contacts to another specialists or organizations outside the university.
How to contact us?
We provide email counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, always use your student’s email for the communication. Emails are replied to usually within 7 working days. If there is any change, we will inform you via automatic email. The maximum of three emails are sent within one problematic situation. Even in the case of the email counseling, the client acknowledges the Information on the processing and protection of personal data in the Counseling and Career Centre UO.
Who will take care of you?
She studied psychology at the Masaryk University in Brno. During her studies, she gained practical experience as an instructor of experiential pedagogy and a lecturer of communication skills. She likes board and experiential games which she also sometimes comes up with and organizes. Sometimes she also tries to sew something up. She participates in training in psychodynamic psychotherapy.
Do you have any questions? Do you want to book a consultation?
Contact me at
Updated: 22. 03. 2021