Recognition of Previous Education
The University of Ostrava may assess foreign academic credentials under the following two situations:
a) Recognition of foreign education for applicants to study programmes at the University of Ostrava
- Recognition of foreign secondary education and higher education for the purposes of the admission procedure – for applicants to study programmes at the University of Ostrava only!
- This recognition is valid only for the purposes of admission procedure.
- University Policy on Assessment of Foreign Education for Purpose of Admission (Order issued by the Rector no. 69/2019) 0,35 MB
- Application for The Recognition of Foreign Education for applicants to study programmes at UO 0,06 MB
- University Policy on Fees Related to Recognition of Foreign Education (Order issued by the Rector no. 92/2020) 0,02 MB
b) General recognition of foreign higher (university) education and qualification in the Czech republic (general „nostrification“)
For those who are not applying to the University of Ostrava and seek to have their foreign higher education recognized within the Czech Republic, the University of Ostrava’s Rectorate is permitted to evaluate foreign academic credentials.
The qualification earned must be similar to a degree offered by the University of Ostrava, otherwise, you would need to seek recognition at a different Czech university.
If your university qualification is similar to something offered by the University of Ostrava please read our nostrification process:
- Application for Recognition of Foreign Higher Education and Qualification in The Czech Republic
- The original or certified copy of the diploma, certificate or similar document certifying the completion of studies
- The original or an officially certified copy of a list of examinations completed or the Diploma Supplement (e.g., the transcript)
- Officially certified translations of all documents into Czech language (with the exception of documents in Slovak or English)
- Fee of 3,000 CZK
Updated: 07. 04. 2022