University of Ostrava
- #801-1000 – QS Global World Ranking 2020
- #161 – EECA University Rankings 2020
- #801-1000 – World University Rankings 2019
- #201-250th – Young University Rankings 2018
- #30 Best Research – Intensive Universities in New Europe
The University of Ostrava has the highest level of accreditation within the Czech Republic. Granted in September 2018 by the National Accreditation Bureau for Higher Education, Institutional Accreditation grants the following:
- credibility as self-autonomous institution
- preparedness to self-assess and self-evaluate a variety of processes through its own internal mechanisms
- autonomy in accrediting its own study programmes in the following fields of study; education, philology (studies of language and literature), philosophy, history, social work, physical education and kinantropology, teacher-training studies and health sciences.
- autonomy in the admission process including assessment of previous education
Student and Staff Ratio
Low student to staff ration: 1:18 Academic Staff to Student ratio.
Updated: 10. 06. 2020