Human Resources Strategy in Research – HRS4R
Updated: 18. 10. 2018
Projekt: HR Excellence in Research na Ostravské univerzitě
Reg. č.: CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_028/0006225
In 2005, European Commission created the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers to contribute to development of an attractive, open, and permanent European labour market for researchers, where regulations shall enable to recruit and keep high quality researchers in environment supporting effective work and productivity.
European policy of human resources management in the field of science and research has been supported also by Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports by means of Operational Programme Research, Development and Education. University of Ostrava has also joined this programme and has become a successful applicant for support from the Ministry of Education with the project “HR Excellence in Research na Ostravské univerzitě”.
In November 2017, University of Ostrava sent a commitment letter, to European Commission including endorsement of principles of Charter and Code and commitment to take the necessary steps to implement HR strategy in compliance with principles of Charter and Code to obtain the “HR Excellence in Research Award”. Consequently, by November 2018, we must provide the European Commission with results of our Gap Analysis and Action Plan.
The first step of Gap Analysis is to compare our processes with the principles of Charter and Code to identify the gaps. The next step is to draw up an action plan with the following goals:
- To create new ethical code in compliance with the principles of Charter and Code;
- To assemble a concept of a transparent recruitment policy in compliance with OTM-R (Open, Transparent and Merit-Based Recruitment);
- To create an onboarding plan for new employees (not only) in the field of science and research;
- To create a career structure for the University of Ostrava;
- To create a training system and a communication platform for post docs;
- To introduce an evaluation system for academic, non-academic employees and researchers;
- To improve training system for the employees and senior managers in the HR field.
Our employees got also involved in the project by completing a survey, which was distributed through the university in the second half of May 2018.
To achieve the best results and correct procedures in processing the application for the HR Excellence in Research logo, we communicate with other universities as well, Czech and foreign, in the form of international workshops and study visits.
As soon as we obtain the “HR Excellence in Research” logo, which is planned for 2019, we shall start implementing the actions from the Action Plan, because 24 months later, we will have to perform interim assessment. Once it will be done, our progress and new targets will be assessed every three years.
Information about EURAXESS: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/