Summer School for International Students
Entrepreneurship for All: Boost your Creativity
Join us for an exciting summer school programme in Ostrava from August 19th to August 30th, 2024. The University of Ostrava is organizing the traditional summer school for international students focusing on the development of entrepreneurial skills and creativity, as these two always go hand in hand. The summer school is designed for all students, not only those studying in business sphere, as we believe that business essentials are relevant to all of us.
Get outstanding theoretical and hands-on experience in this intensive programme which consists of classroom lectures, fieldtrips and practical exercise. You will have the opportunity to better understand the creative process of building on your own business idea and to boost your own imagination. Moreover, the participants will meet other international students and will be able to discuss their ideas with our international experts. The programme is designed to be interactive to get the most out of it. The language of instruction is English (B2 level is recommended for applicants).
Over the course, field trips and other activities will be organized. You can look forward to visiting for example the regional Innovation Centre, Dolní Vítkovice area and Marlenka Factory. In the first days, there will be City Tour and Czech Language & Culture Crash Course organized as well, to help you to get oriented in your temporary place of stay.
First week - Creativity
Participants will, among others, enjoy creative workshops at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, visit Moravian-Silesian Innovation Centre, see real start-up companies, join sport activities at the new City Campus and learn about important topics such as intellectual property and well-being.
Second week - Entrepreneurship
Leading figure: Fabio Papa, a professor of Economics at the University of Macerata, Italy
The aim of this part is to teach students how to design and develop their own start-up to promote self-employment. Creative thinking and business-oriented philosophical approaches will be mixed to deliver a highly innovative learning experience. Some of the topics are The Role of Entrepreneur in Modern Society and How to Develop a Winning Business Model, From Ideas to Reality.
- the price includes all classes, workshops and additional cultural activities within the programme
- the price does not include travel to/from Ostrava, accommodation, lunches and free time activities beyond the programme
For University of Ostrava's partner universities, there is a tuition waiver for 1 student (if sending at least two students). The students would need to be nominated by their home university's International Office. Contact us for more information.
How to apply
Students can be nominated by their home university's International Office or can apply individually using registration form.
Deadline for applications: April 10, 2024
There are two dormitories in the city centre to choose from (besides other options that can be found via for example Booking.com).
The rooms are pre-booked for the summer school students, you can mark your preference when filling out the application.
- J. Opletal Halls of Residence
- - University-owned, 10 mins from the city centre (by public transport), well equipped
- Available in double or triple occupancy with shared bathroom
- Price is 13 EUR/night, for two weeks it would be around 180 EUR
- Students can pay upon arrival in cash or by card
- Students need to show a valid travel document upon arrival to the Halls of Residence
- Kampus Palace
- Private-owned, very modern and right in the city centre (walking distance from the university buildings)
- Available single or double occupancy, with personal/shared bathroom depending on the chosen type of room
- Single room - 25 EUR/per night - approx. 350 EUR for two weeks
- Apartment 1+1 (two single-bed rooms with joint bathroom) - 20 EUR/per person/per night - approx. 280 EUR for two weeks
- Apartment 2+2 (two double-bed rooms with joint bathroom) - 20 EUR/per person/per night - approx. 280 EUR for two weeks
Estimated Cost of Living for the Duration of the Programme
*May vary according to the lifestyle of the student, travel to and from Ostrava is not included.
Centre for International Cooperation
Poster 2,74 MB
Online brochure 4,20 MB
Cancellation Policy 0,60 MB
Updated: 20. 02. 2024