Ethics Committee of the University of Ostrava
The Ethic committee of the University of Ostrava discusses submissions of members of the academic community of UO and other employees of the UO that relate to observance of the principles and rules set out in the Code of Ethics, or its interpretation. The Ethics committee is the Rector’s permanent advisory board. The Ethics Committee has seven members and seven alternates.
Members of the UO Ethics Committee and alternates are appointed and dismissed by the Rector, in the form of measures after discussion in the UO Academic Senate, by appointing one member and one alternate from each faculty of UO.
For the purpose of assessing the ethical aspects of research conducted at UO, which mainly affects human and animal subjects (including the handling of biological material of human and animal origin), an Ethics Committee for Research at UO is established.
- prof. Mgr. Jan Malura, Ph.D. - UO member
- prof. MUDr. Jan Krhut, Ph.D. - Faculty of Medicine member
- doc. Mgr. Lenka Krhutová, Ph.D. - Faculty of Social Studies member
- prof. Mgr. Marek Eliáš, Ph.D. - Faculty of Science member
- doc. PhDr. Diana Svobodová, Ph.D. - Faculty of Education member
- doc. Mgr. Anna Pumprová, Ph.D. - Faculty of Arts member
- doc. MgA. Eliška Novotná - Faculty of Fine Arts and Music member
- doc. MUDr. Petr Krupa, CSc. - Faculty of Medicine alternate
- prof. PaedDr. Oldřich Chytil, Ph.D., Dr.h.c. - Faculty of Social Studies alternate
- doc. RNDr. Vladimír Špunda, CSc. - Faculty of Science alternate
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Kusák, Ph.D. - Faculty of Education alternate
- doc. PhDr. Petr Popelka, Ph.D. - Faculty of Arts alternate
- MgA. Václav Rodek, ArtD. - Faculty of Fine Arts and Music alternate
- prof. MUDr. Roman Hájek, CSc. - UO alternate
Updated: 02. 03. 2023