Researcher of the REFRESH project
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
The Dean of the Faculty of Social Studies of the University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure to fill the position
- Researcher of the REFRESH project
This is a post to be filled in accordance with the terms of the REFRESH project - Research Excellence For Region Sustainability and High-tech Industries (reg. no. CZ.10.03.01/00/22_003/0000048).
- non-academic - researcher
Type of systematised post
- Researcher II
- 1st January 2024 (or according to agreement)
Expected amount of working time
- 30 % (or according to agreement)
- fixed term, i.e. until 31st December 2027 (for the duration of the REFRESH project)
- according to the valid OU wage regulation
Language in which the selection procedure will be conducted
Qualifications and other requirements
- completed Ph.D. degree in sociology, social work or related field
- knowledge of advanced quantitative data analysis and the ability to conduct independent research with an emphasis on statistical processing and analysis of quantitative data
- active publishing and international collaboration in social science research
- EU research level: R2 - Recognized
- B2 level English language skills, good written and oral communication skills in English
- aptitude for the development of independent scientific research activities
Description of the job:
The Researcher II will be involved in:
- Independently solve complex scientific research/development tasks within a specific project,
- initiate other research projects or small-scale contractual collaboration projects (e.g. junior grants),
- collaborate in a research team with foreign researchers,
- carry out publication activities according to the requirements of the field and in accordance with the requirements of the OU standards of creative activity,
- participate in securing research funding (submitting grants, seeking opportunities for contractual research collaboration),
- develop innovative approaches to scientific research activities at the OU,
- publish results obtained in a given area of research.
Documents required (in the Czech language):
- signed consent to the processing of personal data 4,03 MB
- professional CV with an overview of previous experience and publications
- motivation letter
- copy of evidence of higher education
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the presence of the candidates by means of an assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee.
The Dean of the Faculty of Social Studies reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal meeting. It also reserves the right not to select any candidate. The selection procedure may be shortened, cancelled or repeated at the initiative of the Dean of the Faculty.
University of Ostrava
Faculty of Social Studies
702 00 Ostrava