Postdoctoral Research of the REFRESH project
The Dean of the Faculty of Social Studies of the University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure for the position of
- Postdoctoral Research of the REFRESH project
This is a post to be filled in accordance with the terms of the REFRESH project - Research Excellence For Region Sustainability and High-tech Industries (project registration number CZ.10.03.01/00/22_003/0000048).
- non-academic - postdoctoral fellow
Type of systematised post
- Postdoc I
- 1st January 2024 (or according to agreement)
Expected amount of working time
- 40 % (or according to agreement)
- fixed term, i.e. until 31th December 2027 (for the duration of the REFRESH project)
- according to the valid OU wage regulation
Language in which the selection procedure will be conducted
Qualifications and other requirements
- Ph.D. degree in social work, social policy, political science or a related field,
- knowledge of security issues and the ability to carry out independent research in this field,
- active publishing and international cooperation in research on organised crime, social exclusion, extremism or other criminological topics,
- EU research level: R2 – Recognized,
- English language skills at B2 level, good written and oral communication skills in English,
- aptitude for developing independent scientific research activities.
Description of the job:
The postdoc will be involved in:
- co-solving complex research/development tasks within a specific project,
- submitting other research projects or small-scale contractual cooperation projects (e.g. junior grants),
- collaborating in a research team with foreign researchers,
- active publishing activities according to the requirements of the field and in accordance with the requirements of the OU standards of creative activity,
- securing research funding (submitting grants, seeking opportunities for contractual research collaboration),
- developing innovative scientific research activities at the OU,
- publishing results obtained in a given field of research,
- teaching in bachelor's or master's degree programmes or, with the approval of the Faculty's Scientific Council, as a consultant in doctoral degree programmes (including supervision and review of theses).
Documents required (in the Czech language):
- signed consent to the processing of personal data 4,03 MB
- professional CV with an overview of previous experience and publications
- motivation letter
- copy of evidence of higher education
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the presence of the candidates by means of an assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee.
The Dean of the Faculty of Social Studies reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal meeting. It also reserves the right not to select any candidate. The selection procedure may be shortened, cancelled or repeated at the initiative of the Dean of the Faculty.
University of Ostrava
Faculty of Social Studies
702 00 Ostrava