Researcher (systemized position Postdoc I or Researcher II) within the project REFRESH - Research Excellence For REgion Sustainability and High-tech Industries
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
The Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure (ref. no. OU-122235/25-2023) to fill the following systematized vacancy:
- 3 junior researchers (non-academic staff members – researchers, systemized position Postdoc I or Researcher II) within the project REFRESH - Research Excellence For REgion Sustainability and High-tech Industries reg. no. CZ.10.03.01/00/22_003/0000048
- 5 years of experience in the research field after obtaining the PhD (in case of excellent results, this can be reduced to 3 years); EU research level – R2 – Recognized;
- PhD. or equivalent in philosophy and/or history;
- publication activities in the given field/fields (at least 4 publications indexed in Web of Science or Scopus databases and/or one monography);
- H-index (WoS or Scopus) of at least 1 or Scholar 3 or at least 25 citations;
- experience in grant projects and/or international research stay of a total duration of 3 months;
- Fluent English, comparable to Level B2, knowledge of other languages an advantage;
- Independent, responsible and creative approach to work;
- Ability to collaborate on historical or philosophical aspects of energy transition with partner universities is an advantage;
- Research focuses in at least one of the following areas:
- Interdisciplinary environmental-, technological-, economic-, and social history of Central or/and Eastern Europe since 1800;
- Philosophy of historiography or philosophy of historical sciences.
Postdoc I/Researcher II participates in complex academic research and development, initiates and coordinates research projects in cooperation with a research team and internationally, publishes in accordance with the requirements and standards of the University of Ostrava, applies for research funding (submitting grants, searching for opportunities for contractual cooperation on research), and supervises junior researchers.
Research II can participate in teaching in bachelor's or master's study programs or, subject to the approval of the scientific council of the faculty, as a supervisor in doctoral study programs (including supervising and opposing theses).
Job description requirements apply to 100% full-time work, for 48 months with a possible start on January 1st, 2024, or by agreement.
- as per the University of Ostrava's internal wage regulations. We offer outstanding and internationally competitive salaries that allow a good quality of living in the Czech Republic;
- pleasant working environment and backed by a stable employer;
- 6 weeks' paid vacation per year;
- 5 paid sick days per year;
- full-time with flexible working hours - possibility for hybrid work from home;
- meal vouchers;
- special offer of mobile calls and data – T-Mobile benefit;
- educational benefits at the university, including courses in the Czech language.
- Full-time – 100 %, or by agreement.
Expected starting date:
- January 1st, 2024, or by agreement.
- Consent to the processing of personal data 4,03 MB
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Scanned copy of the highest academic degree;
- a list of the applicant's publications;
- A four-year research proposal relating to at least one of the above-mentioned research fields, of no more than 5 standard pages.
The first round of the selection procedure will involve the assessment of the materials sent by applicants. Only selected applicants will be invited to take part in a second round of remote interviews. The employer reserves the right to cancel the selection procedure or to decide not to accept any of the applications without stating the grounds for this decision. Applicants for this position should send the required documents to the contact e-mail address by the deadline of November 2nd, 2023.
The selection procedure will be conducted in Czech/English.
The position was created with the financial support of the European Union within the REFRESH project with reg. no. CZ.10.03.01/00/22_003/0000048.
University of Ostrava
The HR department of Faculty of Arts
Ing. Alena Cibulcová
701 03 Ostrava