Associate Professor for British and American Literature and Culture
The Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure (ref. no. OU-51183/25-2023) to fill the following systematized vacancy:
- 1 vacancy for an academic staff member – Associate Professor for British and American Literature and Culture with a full-time contract at the Department of English and American Studies
What we expect from you:
- you must be an associate professor in British and American literature;
- research and pedagogical focus on British and American literature;
- publications in the last 5 years in the field of British and American literature and culture;
- potential for further academic growth;
- experience with managing grant projects;
- proactive approach, systematic and independent;
- excellent communication and organizational skills;
- knowledge of English Language, min. at level C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Why us? In addition to a pleasant working environment, we offer:
- work in a dynamic, motivated and creative team;
- a high degree of independence, e.g. in the implementation and innovation of courses and study programmes;
- conditions for further professional growth;
- the possibility of involvement in grant activities;
- the possibility of further personal and professional development through a wide range of courses leading to the improvement of competencies;
- the possibility of international cooperation;
- incentive bonuses;
- 8 weeks' vacation per year;
- 5 sick days per year (after initial trial period);
- meal vouchers worth CZK 160 per day (employer's contribution CZK 88, employee's share CZK 72);
- full-time with flexible working hours - possibility to work partially from home;
- friendly policy and culture of the organization.
When will we welcome you among us?
- September 2023, or by agreement.
- consent to the processing of personal data 4,03 MB
- a letter of motivation;
- a professional curriculum vitae including an overview of the applicant's previous career experience;
- contacts (e-mail, telephone) to two persons who can be contacted to provide oral recommendations;
- copies of certificates of completed education and academic degrees;
- a list of the applicant's publications.
The first round of the selection procedure will involve the assessment of the materials sent by applicants. Only selected applicants will be invited to take part in the second round. The employer reserves the right to cancel the selection procedure or to decide not to accept any of the applications without stating the grounds for this decision. Applicants for this position should send the required documents to the contact e-mail address so that they are received no later than June 13th, 2023.
The selection procedure will be conducted in Czech/English.
University of Ostrava
The HR department of Faculty of Arts
Ing. Alena Cibulcová
701 03 Ostrava