Associate Professor for Romance Linguistics
The Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure (ref. no. OU-51185/25-2023) to fill the following systematized vacancy:
- 1 vacancy for an academic staff member – Associate Professor for Romance Linguistics with full-time contract at the Department of Romance Studies
- appointment as an associate professor in the field of Spanish linguistics;
- research and pedagogical focus on Spanish linguistics;
- active scientific research and publishing activities in the field (with emphasis on publications in journals with IF/Scopus) for the last five years;
- potential for further academic growth;
- experience in participation in grant and research projects is advantage;
- EU research level – R3 – Established / R4 – Leading (research group);
- excellent communication skills;
- independent, responsible and creative approach to work.
- knowledge of Spanish Language, min. at level C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- knowledge of English Language, min. at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The associate professor will provide instruction in bachelor's, master's, and doctoral study programmes (including the supervision and critique of final theses) as well as participate in the development of these study programmes. The associate professor will also be a supervisor in doctoral study programmes. The scope of direct teaching on a long-term average will generally be 6-10 hours per week each semester (in the case of an exceptionally high involvement in research activities or faculty/UO management, the scope of direct teaching may decrease). The associate professor will participate in creative activities, especially in independently managing complex research and development tasks, actively publishing in peer-reviewed journals and other forms of publication outputs under industry requirements and in accordance with the standards of creative activities at UO, actively participating in scientific conferences and professional meetings, and (in the case of artistic disciplines in the form of artistic activities which develop current trends on a national scale at minimum) presenting results of creative activities. Furthermore, the associate professor will possess a third role at the university regarding the publication of creative activities in the administration associated with the activities performed and in the self-government of the university. Job description requirements apply to 100% full-time work, and a reasonable amount is applied to part-time work.
- Wage grade 7 (as per the University of Ostrava's internal wage regulations).
- pleasant working environment and background of a stable employer;
- 8 weeks' vacation per year;
- 5 days' time off illness per year;
- meal vouchers worth 160 CZK/day (employer's contribution 88 CZK);
- possibility of home working;
- special offer of mobile calls and data – T-Mobile benefit;
- language and other university education courses.
- Full-time – 100 %, or by agreement.
Expected starting date:
- September 1st, 2023, or by agreement.
- consent to the processing of personal data 4,03 MB
- a letter of motivation;
- a professional curriculum vitae including an overview of the applicant's previous career experience;
- contacts (e-mail, telephone) to two persons who can be contacted to provide oral recommendations;
- copies of certificates of completed education and academic degrees;
- a list of the applicant's publications.
The first round of the selection procedure will involve the assessment of the materials sent by applicants. Only selected applicants will be invited to take part in the second round. The employer reserves the right to cancel the selection procedure or to decide not to accept any of the applications without stating the grounds for this decision. Applicants for this position should send the required documents to the contact e-mail address so that they are received no later than June 11th, 2023.
The selection procedure will be conducted in Czech language.
University of Ostrava
The HR department of Faculty of Arts
Ing. Alena Cibulcová
701 03 Ostrava