The Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure (ref. no. OU-51176/25-2023) to fill the following systematized vacancy:
- 1 vacancy for a non-academic staff member – postdoc I with part-time contract at the Centre for Regional Studies
- doctoral degree obtained during last 5 years;
- Ph.D. or equivalent in humanities field enabling the study of regions (especially multi-ethnic and multicultural ones) in cultural contexts and interdisciplinary score (Czech, German, Polish literature, history reflecting regions, regional languages, ethnology etc.);
- publication activities in the given field/fields;
- experience in participation in grant projects is advantage;
- prerequisites for scientific research activity;
- prerequisites for participation in collective projects;
- EU research level – R2 – Recognized;
- excellent communication skills;
- independent, responsible and creative approach to work.
(at least two of the required languages at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the other two at level B1)
- knowledge of English Language;
- knowledge of Czech Language;
- knowledge of German Language;
- knowledge of Polish Language.
Postdoc participates in the independent solution of complex scientific research/development tasks within a specific project, in the initiation and solution of research projects or projects of contractual cooperation of a smaller scale (e.g. junior grants), in cooperation in a research team and with foreign researchers, in active publication activities according to the requirements of the field and in accordance with the requirements of the standards of creative activity at the OU, for securing research funding (submission of grants, searching for possibilities of contractual cooperation on research). Postdoc can participate in teaching in bachelor's or master's study programs or, after the approval of the scientific council of the faculty, as a supervisor in doctoral study programs (including supervising and opposing final theses).
Job description requirements apply to 100% full-time work, and a reasonable amount is applied to part-time work.
- Wage grade 6 (as per the University of Ostrava's internal wage regulations).
- pleasant working environment and background of a stable employer;
- 6 weeks' vacation per year;
- 5 days' time off illness per year;
- possibility of home working;
- special offer of mobile calls and data – T-Mobile benefit;
- language and other university education courses.
- Part-time – 50 %, or by agreement.
Expected starting date:
- September 1st, 2023, or by agreement.
- consent to the processing of personal data 4,03 MB
- a letter of motivation;
- a professional curriculum vitae including an overview of the applicant's previous career experience;
- contacts (e-mail, telephone) to two persons who can be contacted to provide oral recommendations;
- copies of certificates of completed education and academic degrees;
- an overview of the most important publication activities (the applicant submits 5-10 of his/her publication outputs related to the focus on the region he/she considers to be the most important).
The first round of the selection procedure will involve the assessment of the materials sent by applicants. Only selected applicants will be invited to take part in the second round. The employer reserves the right to cancel the selection procedure or to decide not to accept any of the applications without stating the grounds for this decision. Applicants for this position should send the required documents to the contact e-mail address so that they are received no later than June 11th, 2023.
The selection procedure will be conducted in Czech language.
University of Ostrava
The HR department of Faculty of Arts
Ing. Alena Cibulcová
701 03 Ostrava