Assistant / Assistant Professor with a focus on the Czech language and didactics of the Czech language
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
The Dean of the Faculty of Education of the University of Ostrava has announced a job vacancy
- Assistant / Assistant Professor with a focus on the Czech language and didactics of the Czech language
- Assistant with a focus on the Czech language and didactics of the Czech language / Assistant Professor with a focus on the Czech language and didactics of the Czech language
- Type of systemised position: Assistant / Assistant Professor
The assistant/assistant professor will provide instruction in bachelor's and master's degree programmes (including the supervision and critique of final theses) as well as participate in the development of these degree programmes. In case of approval by the scientific council of the faculty, the assistant professor will participate in the development of doctoral study programmes. The scope of direct teaching on a long-term average will generally be 4-6 / 10-14 hours per week each semester (in the case of an exceptionally high involvement in research activities or faculty/UO management, the scope of direct teaching may decrease). The assistant professor will participate in creative activities, especially in independently managing complex research and development tasks, actively publishing in peer-reviewed journals and other forms of publication outputs under industry requirements and in accordance with the standards of creative activities at UO, actively participating in scientific conferences and professional meetings, and presenting results of creative activities. Furthermore, the assistant professor will possess a third role at the university regarding the publication of creative activities in the administration associated with the activities performed and in the self-government of the university.
Specified Indication of the Applicant's International Research Profile
- R1 – First stage / R2 – Recognised
Estimated Amount of Work
- min. 0.5
- PhD degree finished or just before finishing
- Required field of qualification: Czech language, didactics of the Czech language or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of the Czech language – level C2
- English language competency, B2 level
- EU research level: R2 Recognised
- Active scientific and publishing activities
- Prerequisites for the development of professional growth
Expected Start Date
- From September 1st, 2023, but may be subject to change.
- According to the Internal Wage Regulations of UO
List of Documents Required from the Applicant
- Structured professional CV with an overview of publishing activities
- Motivational letter
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure 4,03 MB
- Evidence of formal qualifications (in case of personal participation, originals or certified copies of documents will be required)
Date, Method, Form, and Place for the Delivery of the Application and Required Documents from the Applicant
The structured professional CV with an overview of publishing activities, motivational letter, evidence of education, and a signed consent form regarding the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure are to be sent to the following address: to: May 31st, 2023.
Language in Which the Selection Process Will Be Conducted
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the personal presence of the candidates by the assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee.
The Dean of the Faculty reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal meeting and the right to also not select any candidate. The Dean of the Faculty of Education of the University of Ostrava may also cancel or repeat the selection procedure.
Pedagogická fakulta OU
Bc. Anna Oslizloková
Fráni Šrámka 3
709 00 Ostrava
Phone: 553 46 2511