Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemistry
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
The Dean of the Faculty of Science University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure for the position of
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemistry
- 36-month duration, full-time
- Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava
- 30. dubna 22, 701 03 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Assistant Professor with a focus on carbonaceous materials and their applications.
The gross monthly salary starts at 40.000 CZK (approximately 1.500 EUR) incl. all incentives and depends on the level of academic qualification, the final salary will be the result of negotiation.
We also offer:
- 5 sick days
- 40 days off
- meal vouchers
- TEP – sport activities
- Application opening: 7th January 2022
- Application deadline: 7th February 2022
- Position opening: position is available from 1st May 2022 or by agreement
Specification of a successful candidate:
- PhD degree in chemistry, specialization on carbonaceous materials
- EU research level: R2 - Recognized
- Appropriate publishing activity (at least 10 records on WoS as the first/corresponding/main author)
- High proficiency in reading, writing, and oral expression of English
- Teaching of chemistry related subjects.
- Research in the field of porous carbons and their various applications.
- Preparation/realization of new research projects.
- Possible extension of the 36-month period.
- Consent to Data Processing 4,03 MB
- CV in Czech or English
- List of publications
- Copy of the degree certificate
- Letter of intent in Czech or English
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing the submitted documents.
The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of selection (online form). The employer is entitled to cancel the offer without giving any reason or not to select any of the candidates.
Informal inquiries can be directed to Václav Slovák (), head of the Department of Chemistry.
The selection procedure will be conducted in Czech and/or English.
University of Ostrava
Faculty of Science
Bc. Lucie Malovcová
710 00 Ostrava – Slezská Ostrava
Phone: +420 553 46 2107