Associate Professor / Professor at the Department of Chemistry
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
The Dean of the Faculty of Science University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure for the position of
- Associate Professor / Professor at the Department of Chemistry
- 24-month duration, full-time
- Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava
- 30. dubna 22, 701 03 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Associate Professor / Professor of Chemistry with focus on carbonaceous materials and their applications.
The gross monthly salary will be around 70.000 CZK*, which is approximately 2.700 EUR (depending on the current exchange rate) incl. all incentives.
(*depends on the level of academic qualification, the final salary will be the result of negotiation)
We also offer:
- 5 sick days
- 40 days off
- meal vouchers
- TEP – sport activities
- Application opening: 7th January 2022
- Application deadline: 7th February 2022
- Position opening: position is available from 1st September 2022 or by agreement
Specification of a successful candidate:
- Significant scientific activity - h-index min. 25, min. 10 publications in high-impact journals in the last 3 years in the field of carbonaceous materials
- Success in obtaining international projects - an overview of acquired / realized projects in the last 10 years as the principal researcher is required
- EU research level: R3 – Established/R4 – Leading (research group)
- Pedagogical experience at university - lectures, supervising PhD students, etc.
- Completed habilitation or professorship in the scientific field accepted in the Czech Republic or realistic presumption of habilitation within 1 year in the case of a foreign candidate
- The candidate is required to have high proficiency in reading, writing, and oral expression of English
- Preparation/realization of new research projects
- Participation in pedagogical activities, especially in the preparation of new study programs on the master and doctoral level
- Possible extension of the 24-month period
- Consent to Data Processing 4,03 MB
- CV in English
- List of publications
- List of projects
- Copy of the degree certificate
- Letter of intent in English
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing the submitted documents.
The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of selection (online form). The employer is entitled to cancel the offer without giving any reason or not to select any oThe successful candidates will be invited to the second round of selection (online form). The employer is entitled to cancel the offer without giving any reason or not to select any of the candidates.
Informal inquiries can be directed to Václav Slovák (), head of the Department of Chemistry.
The selection procedure will be conducted in English.
University of Ostrava
Faculty of Science
Bc. Lucie Malovcová
710 00 Ostrava – Slezská Ostrava
Phone: +420 553 46 2107