Postdoc Research Fellow / Researcher – Epidemiology and statistics
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure to fill non-academic position at the Center for Health Research
- Postdoc Research Fellow / Researcher – Epidemiology and statistics
- 12-month duration, full-time, (NOTE: Possibility to extend the stay)
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Ostrava, Center for Health Research
- Syllabova 19, 703 00 Ostrava - Vítkovice, Czech Republic
The Centre for Health Research forms an integral part of the Faculty of Medicine. It contains from 8 research centers, 2 research working groups and 4 support departments. Its main activities in the fieald of epidemiology are:
- research in epidemiology focusing on selected infectious diseases, epidemiology of high-priority non-infectious diseases, epidemiology of the natural, human and occupational environment – research projects funded by grant agencies in the Czech Republic and abroad
- integration and coordination of epidemiology-related research activities and specialist staff across the entire Faculty, identification of potential new areas for research
- provision of expert consultancy in the implementation of research projects, establishment of new research teams for projects
The Centre is run by a Director who is appointed by the Dean of the Faculty. The advisory body of the Centre is the Scientific Research Commission consisting of renowned experts from the Medical Faculty.
The University of Ostrava invites application for post-doctoral position in Epidemiology and statistics within the Center for Health Research. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive post-doc with previous experience in epidemiology and statistics and a deep interest in oncology and neurology research. Good command of the English language, including writing skills, is mandatory. She/He will be responsible for planning and performing epidemilogical experiments, analysis of results, presenting results at regular meetings, workshops, and conferences, supervise young scientists and technicians working on the project and contributing to publications.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Ph.D. in epidemiology or related fields received within last 10 years
- The researcher has been working for at least 2 years outside the Czech Republic during the last three years
- At least 10 publications in Web of Science database in the last three years
Gross monthly salary will be 28 000 CZK with possibility of increase after 3 months
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 30 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
- Application deadline: September 30, 2021
- Position opening: position is available from January 1, 2022 or by agreement
The candidate will send the following documents to no later than September 30, 2021.
- Curriculum vitae in English (incl. description of international experiences)
- Brief motivation letter with two references
- List of publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- Consent to data processing 4,03 MB
Language in Which the Selection Process Will Be Conducted:
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents. The applications will be evaluated continuously.
The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection (in English, due to the situation of COVID-19 could be in the on-line form, e. g. Skype, etc.). The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.
Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ostrava
Bc. Kateřina Cimová
703 00 Ostrava 3