International mobility of researchers – Post Doc
Magnetic resonance imaging of musculoskeletal structures in biomechanical research of human movement
Organisation: University of Ostrava
Salary: 2700 € / month
Location: Ostrava, Czech Republic
Contract Type: Temporary (Full time: 40hr/week)
Job open date: 1st January 2021
Job Close Date: 31th December 2021
Application Closing Date: 30th September
Interview Date: October – November 2020 (will be specified)
- Research activities associated with the measurement of musculoskeletal structures using magnetic resonance in relation to the biomechanics of human movement (data collection, data analysis and interpretation, data publication) within the research project Healthy Aging in Industrial Environment.
- Working within a scientific team to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to research project.
Main Duties and Activities:
- Undertake laboratory MRI (Siemens 1.5 T) testing as directly.
- Prepare data for analysis and publication (T2 a T2* mapping).
- Prepare a scientific article for publication.
- Present research results at conferences.
- Perform any other duties as requested as directed by Head of the research project.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Ph.D. study up to 7 years after Ph.D. achievement.
- Ph.D. studies outside the Czech Republic or at least 2 of last 3 years had a research job outside the Czech Republic
- at least 2 scientific articles published in the last three years (Advantage publications focused on imaging methods of musculoskeletal structures, ideally ligaments, tendons, cartilage)
- Previous studies ideally in the field of biomedicine (eg biomedical engineering) or radiology (eg radiology assistant).
- Skills and experience with the analysis of MRI data ideally using T2 and T2* quantification.
Applications should include:
- Detailed letter of interest.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- List of scientific publication records.
- Ph.D. supervisor reference.