Postdoc at the Department of Applied Research
Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations Division University of Ostrava Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling announces newly open project-based postdoc position.
- Position #2 - Postdoc at the Department of Applied Research
Intelligent data processing preferably with the focus on image processing or data-mining. Description of prototypically expected skills of an applicant focused on image processing:
- C/C++/C# or JAVA programming languages,
- source code versioning system,
- machine learning/classification methods in image processing,
- the major image processing algorithms for, e.g., image enhancement, feature extraction, geometrical transformations etc.
- to speak English,
- to publish scientific papers,
- to develop software under various platforms,
- to present achieved results at conferences.
- Duration of the position covered by project: 18 months (starting from April 2018 at earliest)
- Possible prolongation of the contract: Yes (under institutional conditions not determined by the project)
- Salary: competitive salary comparable with other EU countries
Requirements given by the project:
- Ph.D. degree obtained less than 7 years ago (this is prolonged for the length of maternity/paternity leaves).
- Work experience from a country different from the Czech Republic – at least 2 out of the last 3 years, the applicant necessarily had to spend as a researcher (min. 0.5FTE) or a Ph.D. student abroad.
- Publication activity – at least 2 publications in the last 3 years
Accepted postdoc will be supposed to intensively participate on research and publication activities of the Institute and to intensively participate on developing new methodologies, algorithms or programme implementations.
We search only for an excellent scientist who is already very active and successful in intelligent data-processing.
Choosing the postdoc among applicants:
If an applicant meets the requirements given by the project a committee consisting of three senior members of the Institute will evaluate applicants.
How to apply for the postdoc position:
Applicant is supposed to submit (only in electronic version) the following documents:
- scanned Ph.D. diploma (official English confirmation may be additionally required),
- a cover letter,
- structured CV in PDF format,